Saturday, May 14, 2005

Warwick and London

I did not write yesterday because I was completely exhausted by the end of the night. We got up and had class at 8 am and then took off at 10:30 for Warwick. We arrived there about 11:30. We walked down to the castle and then began the adventure. I spent about 4 1/2 hours exploring the castle. It was so cool! I don't know where to even begin to talk about it, except to tell you that I took 200 pictures which will be up soon (after I have time to label them). We got to see a birds of prey show and watch a bald eagle fly. That was amazing. We also got to find William the Conqueror not quilty at trial. It was such a huge, amazing place with hundreds, perhaps thousands of steps (staircase). After the castle, we headed over to St. Mary's. It was a beautiful old church. We stayed there for about half an hour and then climbed the bell tower, all 160 steps of it. On the way back I had a cheese burger with garlic mayonaise and chips. We finally returned home a little after 7. Today I went to London. It was a mistake to go with the group I did because all they wanted to do was shop. We shopped for 3 hours and then went to the play. The music and dancing was good, but the acting was pretty bad. The actors couldn't keep their Brooklyn accents and British accents straight. After that, we did make it to Buckingham Palace. After many pictures, we headed over to the Texas Embassay Restaurant and then I headed back here. I will find another day to go do more of the things I want to do, such as the Tower of London and Hyde Park. For now, I'm exhausted. I will have pictures ready perhaps tomorrow. Let me know if you have still not gotten the first album. Cheers!

rvw

1 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5-16-2005
It rained in Abilene, just a little. Snickers is missing her owner. I will have the pleasure to go to Runnels County today. Some O.K. situations and a couple of messy ones. The sun is shining and the flowers are still visible along the roadsides. Stay rested but see all you can. Be happy with the day. Many people ask about you. Some include, Don Jackson, Bob Gomez, Jim Nichols, Steve Moore and Steve Weathers. There wer a great deal more but my brain does not keem them in order very well.

Life team is thinking of you. Kerri is home until June when she will go to Houston for more treatment.

Mimi is moving to Rehab today.

Laura was home with her finace.

Life moves on. It is just a little emptier without you here. You are loved.
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home