Thursday, May 12, 2005

12-5-05 (May 12, 2005)

Today was a very nice day. I woke up, put on a t-shirt and jeans and walked next door for class. We have class in the living room of one of the houses. We had class from about 9-11:30 a.m., then had a break for lunch. Mallory and I had sandwiches in our kitchen, then we joined Monica and Nathan and went to University Park. We tried to read for a while, but it was quite windy, so we tossed around an American football for a while then fed the ducks (in the literal sense, like with bread). After that we went over to the train station to get the other three's tickets to Scotland. I decided to stay and do London this weekend. It will be fun. There are 8 of us going! We have already booked tickets to a musical, Saturday Night Fever. After that, we stopped at two shops with some really cute things. Mallory and I went to Gimbles and picked up a couple of phone cards and something to drink. I had a Ginger Beer, it's suppose to be like ginger ale, but it was super gingery. In fewer words, it was gross. I also got a flapjack from the pastery shop next door. It was kind of like an oatmeal sweet cake bar type thing. When I got back, I called Dad, then it was time for class again. This time it was from about 3-5:30. We made some London plans after class, then Mallory and I took a walk around campus. It was much smaller than we expected. We cooked dinner after that. I "sauteed" some chicken. It smoked up the entire 1st (which is really second, but its weird) floor. The smoke alarm went off twice and I ended up cooking some of the chicken by holding the pan out of the window. Mallory took a couple pictures. Now here I sit, exhausted and still not quite over jet lag. Pictures are in the imminent future!!

rvw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home